Okay, so in my book ‘s’ stands for Spa Day!
Since we’re experiencing some rather crisp weather here in the Pacific Northwest and with New Year’s just around the corner, I thought I’d whip up a few all natural self-care aids for my upcoming spa day…
You’ll need to source the following ingredients in order to make these three deliciously soothing – holistic pampering treatments:
- Granulated Sugar
- Grape seed Oil or Sesame Oil
- Two (2) Green tea bags
- Two (2) Peppermint tea bags
- Coconut Oil
- Essential oils (of your preference or the zest of your favorite citrus)
- Baking Soda
- Epsom Salt
Let’s start with whipping up the ‘Green Tea Sugar Scrub’!
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/8 cup grape seed or sesame oil
- 1/8 cup of brewed green tea (cooled)
- 1 bag of green tea (not brewed)
You’ll need a medium sized bowl and a spoon to combine the ingredients you’ve gathered and Voilà!
Next up is our oh so soothing ‘Coco Oyin Body Butter’!
- 1 & 1/2 cups of coconut oil (ours is a cold pressed & 100% organic from Bali, Indonesia) – measured as a solid
- Three (3) tablespoons of honey (oyin in Yoruba)
- Two (2) tablespoons of essential oil (we choose a mixture of lavender & sweetgrass)
- *You can substitute the essential oil by zesting a grapefruit or other citrus of your choice.
Mix together until all of the ingredients are combined & smooth!
If you choose to zest fresh citrus fruits into your potion, be certain to use it within one and half to two weeks along with ensuring that you store it in a cool dry place with a secure lid.
Last, but certainly not least our ‘2 in 1 Peppermint Soak’!
- Two (2) peppermint tea bags
- 1/8 cup of baking soda
- 1 cup of epsom salt
Place all of the ingredients into a food processor for one (1) minute – until it has turned into powder…
*Add a couple of tablespoons to your foot spa or 1/4 cup to your bath and enjoy!
Oh and don’t be stingy, when you’re whipping up your batch you might as well make a little extra for your friends & loved ones, too! Because as we all know, sharing is caring!!!